How you can be involved
Share this website with your friends, family and anyone you think would like to get involved.
- Like us on FaceBook.
- Share some of our stories with your Facebook friends.
- Tells friends and family about the great work Shed the Light does in Nepal and encourage them to get involved too.
Donate to one of our programs:
For example Earthquake Relief and Reconstruction or Women’s Empowerment or Children’s Home or PeaceMakers.
- One-off donation: Your donation will directly support the work of the Shed the Light program you nominate on the donation form.
- Monthly donation: By providing ongoing support to the program you nominate on the donation form, you’ll help make a difference to the lives of disadvantaged people in Nepal.
Sponsor a child or a child’s education:
Sponsor a child today and change a life for a lifetime.
- Education Sponsorship: Through sponsorship you will be matched with one of our Shed the Light children with your financial support going towards the cost of their school essentials.
- Child Sponsorship: Your sponsorship will meet the costs of one of our children in the Children’s Home and their education.
With your support we can create real and lasting change in the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in Nepal.
How we use our funds
100% of donations received goes directly toward our programs.
We work hard to make sure that all funds bring maximum possible change to children, youth and communities in need.
Shed the Light is a grassroots organisation with our own programs and centres so we directly funnel the funds where they are needed (or where you direct) without any other intermediary organisational layer. Our Board members in Nepal and Committee members in Australia work in a voluntary capacity.