Great news. We have a new project ready to go that will involve women from disadvantaged backgrounds in Thampalkot in Sindhupalchowk District. All that is needed now is people’s generous support by way of donations to cover the costs of implementation.
The project involves the Rotary Club of Thamel in Nepal, Shed the Light Nepal and the Rotary Club of Maleny in Australia. The project will be managed by the Rotary clubs and implemented by Shed the Light Nepal. Donations can be made in one of two ways. Firstly through Rotary Australia World Community Service (RAWCS) via their website. Donations made by Australian citizens to RAWCS are tax deductible. The direct url for the project is https://directory.rawcs.com.au/ProjectDisplay.aspx?ID=960 Alternatively donations can be made via out donations page to the Women’s Empowerment program. All donations will be directed to the project.
The goal of the project is:
To provide women from Thampalkot in Sindhupalchowk District, who come from disadvantaged backgrounds, training and skill development to enable them to either, set up their own business or find employment, to have access to a micro-finance loan, and to have the means to meet their children’s educational needs.
The objectives of the project are:
- To provide training and skill development in:
- Sewing / garment making
- Incense making
- Candle making
- Business management
- To monitor and mentor women in the initial stages of business set-up;
- To provide a micro-finance loan through the local savings and credit group and provide mentoring support to trainees and their savings and credit group;
- To ensure beneficiaries’ children’s education needs are met;
- To increase the reputation of the STL Nepal Women’s Empowerment Centre and the courses it runs to encourage fee-paying trainees in the future and so ensure the Centre’s continued operation.
If you would like more information about the project or how to make donations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org